Re: questions on ./configure

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 05:14:52PM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:
>Everyone knows that running ./configure when starting to build a
>software may take some time.  Does anyone know how to re-run ./configure
>such  that it skips the part that has been tested before?
>
>For example, the following configure output is taken from trying to
>configure coreutils for cygwin.    I believe the following checks could
>be skipped, right?  If so, how is it done?

You know, I knew it would happen eventually.  You're using this list
because you apparently can't be bothered to read documentation or find
an appropriate mailing list for your questions.

Since this is the cygwin-talk list, I feel rather confident just making
this observation and offering nothing else useful by way of a reply...

*pause*

Oh, all right.  How about typing "configure --help" and reading the first
four or five lines?

cgf