This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: My local hippo is 120,000 years old!
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'why do hippos always wear brown trousers?'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 17:16:22 +0100
- Subject: RE: My local hippo is 120,000 years old!
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Lionel B
>Sent: 20 May 2005 17:06
> "Dave Korn" wrote:
>> ----Original Message----
>>> From: Lionel B
>>> Sent: 20 May 2005 16:25
>>> "Dave Korn" wrote:
>>>> Elephants and Hippos in East Anglia
>>> Yeah, you see them punting down the Cam on summer evenings after a few
>>> too many Pimm's.
>> You certainly don't want to be going down the river and be passing
>> under a bridge just as one of them takes a running jump and leaps off of
>> it into your punt! [*]
> There's one just off-picture here; you can see where it's laid its eggs
> on the balustrade of the bridge...
Well, those _may_ be eggs, you never know. Either that, or the hippo just
got a bit nervous at the sight of the height it was going to have to jump
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....