This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: binutils-20050520-1
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:08:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: binutils-20050520-1
- References: <20050525054017.8BCDE544122@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 01:05:53PM +0100, zzapper wrote:
> usr/bin/strings.exe strings - print the strings of printable
> characters in files. (Really Useful for guessing what a program
This is really elegant and precise use of language.
To *find* out what a program does, use man or info.
To *guess* what a program does, use strings.