This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:30:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- References: <4297A14B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050528131501.V53507@logout.sh.cvut.cz> <20050528160424.GB12395@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20050529160711.GA2592@efn.org> <20050529170343.GD11936@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 01:03:43PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 09:07:11AM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> >On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 12:04:24PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 01:24:31PM +0200, Vaclav Haisman wrote:
> >> >PS: I think that cgf should really try to improve his PR skills.
> >> "PR"? I am not really interested in public relations. If you don't
> >> like the way I communicate, just delete my email. It's pretty simple.
> >We could make this easy for people by providing a cgf-free version of
> >the list. But to avoid disciminating specifically against cgf, it
> >should also filter out anyone who volunteers to be placed in the same
> >boat. I, for one, volunteer.
> Maybe there should be some kind of discriminator though.
> Anyone who did all of those things would clearly be a terrible person
> and you should avoid any and all contact with them. So, I think your
> list idea is a good one but I'd make sure that only the truly deserving
> were excluded from it. You are a nice guy who provides a valuable
> service to cygwin but, I'm sorry, I just don't think you're evil enough
> to qualify.
You're right; in any case, cgf should have veto-rights over the filteree