This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- To: <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 23:14:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:15:56PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >Can we get a gold star here for Chris' first-ever apology for his
> >anti-social behavior?
> Ah. Here we are.
> GVRS, I think we're still waiting for your apology for your use of
> profanity, but then, I suspect that if I did a google groups search on
> "Gary Van R. Sickle" apology OR wrong OR sorry
> the most common thing we'd ever see is you engorged with indignation and
> demanding apologies or you excitedly telling people they were wrong or
> you moaning that they should be sorry.
> So, while I've vowed to follow your valuable lead by attempting to emulate
> you in email, this is one place that I don't think I will go.
> Instead, when I think I've done something wrong, I will apologize. On
> issue, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Ok Chris, two questions:
- Are you trying to start some sort of "flame-off" here, Chris? I can't say
I'm real interested in participating. If on the other hand this is a cry
for help, I would of course be happy to do what I can.
- What am I free to say here without attracting vague threats from you such
as the one you just posted to cygwin@? Since, as you said yourself, "[you]
(and Corinna) get to make the rules and [you] (we) get to comport
[ourselves] how [you] (we) see fit", I kind of need to know this sort of
thing up front.
An aside, probably not germane to this discussion: I don't recall anybody
ever taking Corinna to task on her comportment.
Gary R. Van Sickle