This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 02:11:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- References: <20050531034845.C15911703A4@samwise.efn.org>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:48:30PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > IMO there should be a link to this message from
> > http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJM.
> > Comments?
> Well, since Chris just invited me to this list for, I assume, some sort of
> "flame-off", I do have one comment. Chris has already apologized for the
> very behavior he's defending in this meandering "manifesto". So, if it
> belongs anywhere (and it doesn't), it belongs under the acronym "CGF",
> perhaps as a hyperlink titled "rationalization of his singular behavior".
I don't think you understand what cgf was apologizing about.
And I'm not sure where you get the "manifesto" or "rationalization"
from. I thought it was neat that he could summarize so well his
tendency to direct people toward acting in their own best interests,
which is what is jokingly referred to as being "mean". I understand
that you don't get the joke, but do you have to show so repetitively
that you don't get it?