This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Serious performance problems (new snapshot has some performance improvement)
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'we could talk amongst ourselves but then we'd have to kill each other'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 18:42:51 +0100
- Subject: RE: Serious performance problems (new snapshot has some performance improvement)
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Igor Pechtchanski
>Sent: 31 May 2005 18:40
> On Tue, 31 May 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
>> ----Original Message----
>>> From: Gerrit P. Haase
>>> Sent: 29 May 2005 20:37
>>> It is about 2,8514851485148514851485148514851 times faster at my
>>> workstation. Gerrit
>> That's an impressively precise measurement. Tell me, where do you
>> find an O(10^32)Hz timebase?
> 2,8514851485148514851485148514851 = 288 / 101 = 2 + 86/101
> The rest is probably WinCalc... :-)
> This comes pretty close to e, however. Coincidence? ;-)
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....