This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
FW: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'received wisdoms maligned within'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:19:15 +0100
- Subject: FW: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maligning List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Linda W
>Sent: 02 June 2005 10:26
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Yep. This is pretty much what I expected. Now we'll see a stream of
>> people commenting on slowness and speculating on the cause without
>> spending any time to actually figure out what the cause might be.
>> Think of what a hero you'll be if you figure out a way to improve
>> cygwin's "slowness".
> One area that I've noticed ... [ !...SNIP...! comment on slowness ] ...
> ... I suspect [ !...SNIP...! speculation on cause without time spent
> figuring out what the cause might be ] ...
> ... But if the cygwin.dll could [ !...SNIP...! heroic attempt to figure
> out a way to improve cygwin's "slowness" ] ...
Wow! Who ever said Americans don't get irony? That was perfect! And
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....