This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maligning List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 09:26:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: Serious performance problems (malloc related?)
- References: <SERRANONqFJ3sl3xbYi0000027c@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maligning List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Dave Korn's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
> ----Original Message----
> >From: One Angry User
> >Sent: 02 June 2005 22:02
> > On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Christopher Faylor's computer deigned to emit the
> > following stream of bytes:
> >> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 04:53:02PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:28:13PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> >>>> Where are the chickens that should be driving you back to the main
> >>>> list?
> >>> Oops. Sorry.
> >> Actually, this isn't my fault! I think we have to prevail on Dave to
> >> stop his selfish predilection for maintaing a GMT-ish schedule and have
> >> him move to providing 24-hour chicken duty.
> >> Surely the entire Cygwin project will suffer unless this crucial change
> >> is implemented.
> > What can Dave do that a cron job can't?
> > OAU
> Squash chickens with falling hippos in a GMT-based timezone?
As long as the hippo repository is refreshed regularly, I don't see why
cron can't do that. It can even add realistic sound effects, on those
machines with good synthesizers.