This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: FW: Problems with OpenSSH/Cygwin connectivity to Windows NT/2000 machines.
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maligning List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 12:38:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: FW: Problems with OpenSSH/Cygwin connectivity to Windows NT/2000 machines.
- References: <SERRANOWSa1aNEVJpjc000002e3@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maligning List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
> ----Original Message----
> >From: Igor Pechtchanski
> >Sent: 04 June 2005 15:00
> > Ugh. Top-posting. Reformatted.
> > On Sat, 4 Jun 2005, Tevfik Karagülle wrote:
> >>> -----Original Message-----
> >>> From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha@XX.XXX.XXX]
> >>> Sent: 4. juni 2005 02:07
> >>> To: Tevfik Karagülle
> >>> Cc: cygwin@XXXXXX.XXX
> > <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>. Thanks.
> One day soon, even those redacted forms you've used above are going to
> become valid domain names!
Well, when XXX becomes a valid top-level domain, do you care if they get
some spam? ;-) Seriously, though, some porn outfits quite possibly are
legitimate businesses (prudery aside), but so much spam is generated by
other porn sites that in most people's minds porn has been equated with
spam. I have a feeling that most domain names in the XXX top-level domain
will be snatched by the spam-generating subset of the porn industry,
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT