This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: OoC Ironic assessment (was Serious performance problems (mallocrelated?))
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:37:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: OoC Ironic assessment (was Serious performance problems (mallocrelated?))
- References: <SERRANOCvoXM7e0C9gu000002fd@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Dave Korn's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
> ----Original Message----
> >From: Linda W
> >Sent: 04 June 2005 23:23
> > OoC! OoC!!! (Out of Context) and poppycock! I didn't speculate on the
> > problem, I speculated what made Window's 'File-Open's so slow.
> > This is a known problem. It wasn't speculation about what cygwin was
> > doing. ;-/
> > Unless, you are asserting that I haven't instrumented WinXP
> > to find it's performance bottlenecks, but that would hardly be
> > necessary to comment on performance issues concerning POSIX emulation
> > vs. native performance.
> > Wind me up, you are trying, me thinks. *Plblblb*
> > -l
> goshdarn my secret is out!
Cue the chickens...