This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Assembler problem while trying to integrate D iompiler in GCCsuite
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:51:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: Assembler problem while trying to integrate D iompiler in GCCsuite
- References: <SERRANOD6XMLDthODt900000323@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
> ----Original Message----
> >From: Gerrit P. Haase
> >Sent: 07 June 2005 22:12
> > Given the magic which is included in creating binaries that computers
> > can understand and do s.th. that the binaries want the computer to do,
> > this is a valid idea. Or what do you really think is the difference ,
> > whether an assembler label starts with A,B or C or even L?
> Starting with an 'L' makes it a local label in gas, doesn't it?
> AAAAAARRGH! I MADE AN ON-TOPIC POAST TO THE HIPPOLIST!?!?!?!?!?!
Starting with an 'H' makes it a hippo label in gas, doesn't it? [*]
[*] If not, it should. Patches, anyone? ;-)
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT