This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: My Spacebar is OK!
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:15:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: My Spacebar is OK!
- References: <000901c56da7$78c10990$bf2fb5d5@keloasc60pobkb> <20050610135326.GD7942@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <42A9AC34.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:05:24PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Here's how it works:
>>Two spaces after ".", one space after ",". No space before "." or ","
>>and it's "something" not " something " .
> ^^^ obviously
>there are exceptions possible;)
I was actually setting out the examples for effect and was trying to use
a minimal number of words since the person was a non-English speaker.
I should have known not to get involved in this kind of thing, though.
It *ALWAYS* devolves into "I don't use two spaces" and "You made a mistake
so why are you telling me what to do" scenarios.