This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Assembler problem while trying to integrate D iompiler in GCC suite
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'The Cygwin-Talk Malaxating List'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:11:38 +0100
- Subject: RE: Assembler problem while trying to integrate D iompiler in GCC suite
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Igor Pechtchanski
>Sent: 08 June 2005 14:51
> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
>> ----Original Message----
>>> From: Gerrit P. Haase
>>> Sent: 07 June 2005 22:12
>>> Given the magic which is included in creating binaries that computers
>>> can understand and do s.th. that the binaries want the computer to do,
>>> this is a valid idea. Or what do you really think is the difference ,
>>> whether an assembler label starts with A,B or C or even L?
>> Starting with an 'L' makes it a local label in gas, doesn't it?
>> AAAAAARRGH! I MADE AN ON-TOPIC POAST TO THE HIPPOLIST!?!?!?!?!?!
> Starting with an 'H' makes it a hippo label in gas, doesn't it? [*]
> [*] If not, it should. Patches, anyone? ;-)
I think we should all try and sneak as many hippo-related references into
as many opensource projects as we can, as a way of kinda-like tagging the
metaphorical walls in their neighbourhood with "Cygwin woz 'ere". If anyone
manages it, Cc the patch here!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....