This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: My Spacebar is OK!
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'hippohipposplatsplatboing!'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:10:00 +0100
- Subject: RE: My Spacebar is OK!
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Igor Pechtchanski
>Sent: 13 June 2005 18:34
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
>> ----Original Message----
>>> From: Igor Pechtchanski
>>> Sent: 13 June 2005 18:06
>>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
>>>> Just in terms of gravitational potential energy, you're getting a lot
>>>> more value-for-money from each kilogram of hippo if it's falling off
>>>> the top of a tower block than if it's just been pushed off the edge of
>>>> a coffee-table!
>>> You have a coffee table that can hold a hippo?! :-)
>> No, I have a coffee table that _can't_ hold a hippo. That's why the
>> hippo is in free-fall from a not-very-great-height!
> Well, then, there'd be hardly any need to *push* the hippo off the edge,
> would there?
It wasn't pushed, it jumped!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....