This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
FW: question: high virtual memory usage
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'theres a whole load of yak in here....'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:15:35 +0100
- Subject: FW: question: high virtual memory usage
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Dave Korn
>Sent: 14 June 2005 10:36
> ----Original Message----
>> From: Brian Dessent
>> Sent: 14 June 2005 03:23
>> Procexp's "virtual size" column seems to be a meaningless number that
>> procexp somehow arrives at.
> It's the amount of reserved-but-not-yert-committed memory.
"Yurt-commmitted" memory, of course, is that portion of the process memory
space reserved for tracking the movements of nomadic mongolian tents;
apologies for mis-speeling it. D'oh!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....