This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: FW: question: high virtual memory usage
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:59:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: FW: question: high virtual memory usage
- References: <SERRANOXmapMHFVsTUN0000003f@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Dave Korn's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
> ----Original Message----
> >From: Dave Korn
> >Sent: 14 June 2005 10:36
> > ----Original Message----
> >> From: Brian Dessent
> >> Sent: 14 June 2005 03:23
> >> Procexp's "virtual size" column seems to be a meaningless number that
> >> procexp somehow arrives at.
> > It's the amount of reserved-but-not-yert-committed memory.
> "Yurt-commmitted" memory, of course, is that portion of the process memory
> space reserved for tracking the movements of nomadic mongolian tents;
> apologies for mis-speeling it. D'oh!
And people complain about SETI@home...