This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: cyg/lib DLL naming
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'The Cygwin-Talk Mammalian List'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:22:33 +0100
- Subject: RE: cyg/lib DLL naming
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Igor Pechtchanski
>Sent: 17 June 2005 04:30
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Dave Korn wrote:
>>> OK, I'm all for Igor getting away in time, but giving them
>>> parachutes does spoil that lovely SPLATTTTT sound they usually make
>>> when they hit the ground! Can you strap tape-recorders to their backs
>>> so that we can still have sound-effects?
>> No no no. Hippos do not go SPLATTTTT. It's whales that go SPLATTTT (a
>> "sudden wet thud" cf. Chp. 18) Didn't you ever read The Hitchhiker's
>> Guide to the Galaxy?
> Ok, ok, whales go SPLATTTT. Hippos go SPLATTT. :-)
No, whales go KERRRRRRRSQUELCHSLOSHSPPLATTTTTTTT.
Whereas with hippos it's more of a WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeBOOOOOMTHUDSPLATTT.
I hope this helps clear matters up.
P.S. By the time you can hear the 'WHEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee', it's already too
late to duck.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....