This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: cyg/lib DLL naming
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:10:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: RE: cyg/lib DLL naming
- References: <SERRANOq1vROrcbhv8000000064@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Dave Korn wrote:
> ----Original Message----
> >From: Dave Korn
> >Sent: 17 June 2005 10:23
> > ----Original Message----
> >> From: Igor Pechtchanski
> >> Sent: 17 June 2005 04:30
> >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >>> Dave Korn wrote:
> >>>> OK, I'm all for Igor getting away in time, but giving them
> >>>> parachutes does spoil that lovely SPLATTTTT sound they usually make
> >>>> when they hit the ground! Can you strap tape-recorders to their backs
> >>>> so that we can still have sound-effects?
> >>> No no no. Hippos do not go SPLATTTTT. It's whales that go SPLATTTT (a
> >>> "sudden wet thud" cf. Chp. 18) Didn't you ever read The Hitchhiker's
> >>> Guide to the Galaxy?
> >> Ok, ok, whales go SPLATTTT. Hippos go SPLATTT. :-)
> >> Igor
> > No, whales go KERRRRRRRSQUELCHSLOSHSPPLATTTTTTTT.
> > Whereas with hippos it's more of a
> > WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeBOOOOOMTHUDSPLATTT.
> > I hope this helps clear matters up.
> > cheers,
> > DaveK
> > P.S. By the time you can hear the 'WHEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee', it's already too
> > late to duck.
> P.P.S. Unless the hippo is wearing a parachute, of course!
Yeah, that gives you about 5 seconds...
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT