This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
CYGWIN, changing default port
- From: Jim Hobbs <gamester182 at aol dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:09:36 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: CYGWIN, changing default port
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Our sysadmin will not allow port 22 to be opened on our firewall. He has
suggested we use one of the VNC ports already open for the SSH projects.
To this end I have chosen to use 5800 as we just use 5900 for the VNC programs.
I have installed CYGWIN on a WinXP machine and it's working on port 22. How
can I change this to work with port 5800? Listening that is.
Thanks for any help :)