This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: [spam] Re: Windows rights
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'The Cygwin-Talk Minging List.'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:20:49 +0100
- Subject: RE: [spam] Re: Windows rights
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Christophe Delarue
>Sent: 23 June 2005 15:01
> Is there a method to rsh on a windows machine without password and
> access network drives ?
Heh, I can see where this is going. "Oh, I hate having to type in my
password in order to log in, and I hate having to log in to be allowed to
write to the network, I'll just remove all the access controls from the
whole thing, then anyone can write to the network drives without needing to
log in ...."
And this guy works for Reuters. I can just see next month's newspaper
"Hippos invade USA! CGF declared Emperor of the world! Passwords 'not
just a mere inconvenience', says hacked user."
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....