This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: How to make DLLs in cygwin for MSVC and BCB
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:03:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: How to make DLLs in cygwin for MSVC and BCB
- References: <1119553758.6224.32.camel@fulgurite> <20050623225317.556441702F7@samwise.efn.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 05:53:00PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 18:18 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> > > Sorry, but why isn't that 4k at the *TOP* of the stack? It sure
> > > looks that way to me, unless cygwin stacks grow upward!
> > You're mixing the metaphors. :-) The top of a stack is where
> > you push something down onto the stack. The bottom of the
> > stack is at the other end. There happens to be an
> > implementation detail of stacks growing downward in memory,
> > so the bottom of the stack is at the top of the memory
> > allocated to the stack. I always found that puzzling, too...
> Oh. My. God. This was prophesied almost two thousand years ago!:
> Aaaaahhhh! It's the rapture! Quick, get the CR/LF thing solved before God
I prophesy a hippo falling up out of the sky on you.