This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: How to make DLLs in cygwin for MSVC and BCB
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:28:35 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: How to make DLLs in cygwin for MSVC and BCB
- References: <1119553758.6224.32.camel@fulgurite> <20050623225317.556441702F7@samwise.efn.org><20050624020353.GA3132@efn.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 05:53:00PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> > > On Thu, 2005-06-23 at 18:18 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
> > > > Sorry, but why isn't that 4k at the *TOP* of the stack? It sure
> > > > looks that way to me, unless cygwin stacks grow upward!
> > >
> > > You're mixing the metaphors. :-) The top of a stack is where
> > > you push something down onto the stack. The bottom of the
> > > stack is at the other end. There happens to be an
> > > implementation detail of stacks growing downward in memory,
> > > so the bottom of the stack is at the top of the memory
> > > allocated to the stack. I always found that puzzling, too...
> > >
> > >
> > Oh. My. God. This was prophesied almost two thousand years ago!:
> > Aaaaahhhh! It's the rapture! Quick, get the CR/LF thing solved before God
> > comes!
> I prophesy a hippo falling up out of the sky on you.
One hippo may not be enough...