This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: mismatched dll
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:28:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: mismatched dll
- References: <020220062158.387.43E28079000ACE870000018322007507440A050E040D0C079D0A@comcast.net> <20060203013712.GC17485@brasko.net> <20060203013842.GB7678@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060203014352.GD17485@brasko.net>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:43:52PM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:38:42PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 08:37:12PM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> > >On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:58:17PM +0000, Eric Blake wrote:
> > >>There's always another alternative - propose to maintain your package
> > >>as part of the official cygwin distribution. Then you just point
> > >>people to cygwin.com, and source code distribution becomes cygwin.com's
> > >>problem instead of yours.
> > >
> > >OK, here I do have some evidence to support me when I say you are
> > >partially wrong.
> > >http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-08/msg00064.html So, that is
> > >not a good alternative.
> > I retract my veto. If this is submitted via normal channels, I will have
> > no objections.
> Well, I suppose
> "anything in computer science is [possible], if you are willing to write
> the code and wait long enough"?
We clearly have someone here who has caught on to the spirit of cygwin.