This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: 1.5.19+: symlink bug
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'confused? you will be after this weeks episode of SOAP dot exe dot link'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:16:55 -0000
- Subject: RE: 1.5.19+: symlink bug
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 03 February 2006 15:07, Eric Blake wrote:
>>> Creating links with the same name, but with and without a .exe extension
>>> succeeds, but the one with no extension is later ignored. Here's a
>>> minimal example:
>> Did you try this with the latest coreutils 5.93-3?
> I just reproduced with stock cygwin 1.5.19 and coreutils 5.93-3. The
> behavior is the same, and it is cygwin doing it. It appears that when
> both TESTLINK.lnk and TESTLINK.exe.lnk exist, lstat("TESTLINK")
> is picking up the contents of TESTLINK.exe.lnk rather than the
> contents of TESTLINK.lnk.
Whereas the desired behaviour, of course, would be for it to complain that it can't find TESTLINK.lnk.exe, yes? ;-P
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....