This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: chere suggestion
- From: Igor Peshansky <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Cary Jamison <Cary_Jamison at Symantec dot com>
- Cc: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:23:14 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: chere suggestion
- References: <005b01c6325a$aa389c40$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <43F386DB.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Don't know if you're subscribed to cygwin-talk, so Cc'ing you for now.
On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Cary Jamison wrote:
> Igor Peshansky wrote:
> > As DaveK alluded to, this has gotten way off-topic for the main Cygwin
> > list. Redirecting to the cygwin talk list, where anything goes
> > (beware of the hippos).
> That's fine...I thought my original suggestion was on topic, but I agree
> this is mostly basic windows howto stuff now.
> >> How did you get it under the 'send to' menu?
> >Right-click on "Start" and choose "Explore". "Send To" is a folder that
> >should be right above "Start Menu". Just drag your shortcut there.
> Ahh, it's that easy! I'm just a misplaced Unix hacker I guess...
Heh, you can be both if you just take the time... :-)
> > Try simply putting the following
> > C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c xemacs
> > as a shortcut in the "Send To" menu. I don't use xemacs, though, so
> > the above is untested.
> > Igor
> Perhaps I was getting hung up with the cygpath -a stuff. I assume your
> way just opens it up in the specified directory so there isn't any path
Nope. My way actually supplies the full Win32 pathname to the program.
Vim simply understands it in its raw form (that's why I said xemacs may
> I'll play with it some, as long as the hippos don't get me first!
The hippos around here are a friendly bunch -- always ready to drop in...
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!)
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"Las! je suis sot... -Mais non, tu ne l'es pas, puisque tu t'en rends compte."
"But no -- you are no fool; you call yourself a fool, there's proof enough in
that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"