This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: (gold star request) Re: cygheap base mismatch detected
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'nice cup of sit and a tea down'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:22:03 -0000
- Subject: RE: (gold star request) Re: cygheap base mismatch detected
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Malingering List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 16 February 2006 21:17, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> [I've moved this to cygwin-talk because I didn't necessarily want to
>> attribute this message to any specific person.]
> Huh? Aren't you attributing this to Dave Korn below anyway? :-D
It's no use, I'll deny it all, they'll never take me alive I tell you!!!!
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 07:38:11PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>>> And the answer to your question will always be that if you want to find
>>> a solution to a bug, you should reproduce it, then debug it, then
>>> understand it, and then fix it.
> RDUF: Reproduce, Debug, Understand, Fix. Sounds like something out of an
> Army manual...
Or as it says in the Cygwin SOPs manual:
RDUDAHOI: Reproduce, Debug, Understand, Drop A Hippo On It.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....