Re: Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Igor Peshansky on 4/18/2006 5:23 PM:
> > The bottom line is: if you want to receive email on the list, set
> > in the To: field.  If the Reply-To: is set and the mailer *still* sends
> > email directly to you, the mailer is broken.
>
> Why can't ezmlm be more like mailman - all the lists on lists.gnu.org have
> an option where you can choose to have the list skip mails to you if you
> are also listed in the To: or CC:.  For example, in my bug-coreutils
> subscription options page, I see
>
> Avoid duplicate copies of messages?

Actually, it wouldn't really help in my case, since I'm not subscribed to
the list -- I read it via the web archives.

> On the other hand, why can't mailman be more like ezmlm?  If you
> accidentally delete a mailman message (or if it gets bounced for whatever
> reason), you can never get it back; whereas mailman will let you request a
> repost for a given message id.

Why can't we all just get along?..

> Or why can't we just drop a hippo on the source code for both list
> managers, and hope that the force merges them into a single coherent code
> base, with the best from both worlds?

Heh, next you'll be saying the same about VIm and Emacs...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"