RE: cygwin + windows update = lock up (W2K SP4)

On 02 May 2006 22:11, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 01:59:12PM -0700, Shankar Unni wrote:
>> Brian Dessent wrote:
>>> It's a real shame that Russinovich is apparently aware of this defect
>>> but remains uninterested in dealing with it past calling it a Cygwin
>>> deficiency.
>>
>> Time for a Russinovitch-CGF cage match!
>>
>> (First one who tries to debug the problem loses..)
>
> If either Corinna or I could reproduce the problem it would be fixed by
> now.
>
> cgf

  Attached please find PPAST!

  Compile with "gcc -g -O0 -mno-cygwin cygdeath.c -o cygdeath -l ntdll"

  Runs with one arg: windows pid of any handy cygwin process, such as the
shell you've just used to compile it in, or an instance of cat, or whatever.

  Press any key when it tells you.  Watch csrss and chosen cygwin process
start to thrash.