RE: A biento

On 29 May 2006 07:25, bruce@wehrhere wrote:

> A biento, mes amis.  I bid you farewell ... for now.  :)
>
> You folks have been helpful, informative and downright entertaining.  I've
> got other work to do, so I'm signing off the list for the time being.  If
> you need me (oh, for, let's say ... a rousing creation/evolution debate
> <poke poke> :), you know where to find me:  bruce AT wehrhere DOT com.  (or
> Captain DOT Kangaroo AT mac DOT com ... seriously!  :).
>
> <>< Bruce

  Heeyy waitaminnit!  I was just getting good and charged up for that one!  After all, I don't believe in evolution every week.
This week, we all got here by evolution, sure enough, but if tomorrow the FSM decides that ID makes more sense, or even just for a
whim[*], he'll just reach out his noodly appendage and re-undo-ify the entire universe so that it was, in fact, created only fifteen
minutes ago, with all those fake fossils buried in the rocks and the fake memories in our heads and all that, and not only will it
be that way but it'll always have been that way.

  Then, next day, he might decide he prefers an evolutionary universe, and change it all back again.  And it'll always have been
that way, too.

  So OK, here's your starter for five (strands of spaghetti):  Just because Michael Behe is a scientist does not automatically make
everything he does science.  'Irreducible complexity' is a fallacious concept that simply has not been shown to be the case.  It is
a blatantly false inference to claim that a complex molecular system that cannot function without any given part could not have
evolved.  But, because this is just a starter, I'm not going to tell you straight away where the exact hole in the reasoning is: I
want to know if you can see it.

    cheers,
  <>< DaveK
  /|\

[*] - The FSM moves in mysterious ways.  And sometimes entirely flippant ones.  RAmen!