Re: ssh and SYSTEM

On Jun 28 20:35, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I did it because this web site has been the consistent source of
> misinformation for years and I wanted to provide a clear, unambiguous
> place to point people to.  No foo at bar dot com.  A real email address.
>
> I actually checked first to make sure that his email address showed up
> elsewhere on the web.
>
> If people think this is a horrible thing then I'll remove his address
> from the archives but I kind of wanted to have his email address
> archived, too for future reference.  But, perhaps I erred in doing this.
>
> I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of the sane members of this
> mailing list.

Sorry, I can only give you the opinion of just another insane member
on this list.

My opinion is this:  When I saw it, I couldn't avoid a grin together
with a "serves them right" feeling.  But OTOH it sets a bad precedent
and we should generally avoid it in future, nevertheless. I wouldn't
change the mail archive, though, except on request.

My second opinion is this:  I'd love to have a mail content filter so
that all mails to cygwin dot com with the URL http colon slash slash
pigtail dot net slash LRP slash printsrv slash cygwin dash sshd dot html
in it are refused.

Corinna Hippa est