Re: Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:41:12PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:20:21PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
Anyway, if it turns out I have to patch an info file, then I guess I'm stuck doing that. Assuming anyone on newlib pays attention to me. So far, zilch.
Yes, you definitely have to *patch* the *source* of the documentation that
you want changed if you want someone to apply it.
I think the point is that I would hope they would accept a flat-out new file, if it was that major a re-working (which IMO it should be; I find the layout of glibc's manpage a lot easier to understand, in addition to being more accurate).

But... if I'm to do anything with the texinfo source, I have to *find* it first. Sigh. I am losing enthusiasm for this project.

Come on, mwoehlke, you know the drill by now. It isn't that hard to find the source and you don't get to choose your own method for providing patches. It's pretty standard to supply patches against source code.

I imagine that the source code in question is in libc.info.  The web site
for newlib is http://sourceware.org/newlib/ .

I do. You misunderstood :-). (Then again, I didn't specify what I'd done, did I? Shame on me :-).)

What I meant to say was that I went and poked around the web CVS interface at http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/?cvsroot=src and *still* couldn't find it. And... having gone and poked around further, I think you meant "sprintf.def". Whew, for a while I was afraid I was going to have to syn the whole *tree* and use 'find'. :-)

Now... where is "sprintf.def"? :-)
(Don't worry, I'm still looking for it.)

--
Matthew
vIMprove your life! Now on version 7!