This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Update GCC in Cygwin?
- From: mwoehlke <mwoehlke at tibco dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:44:35 -0500
- Subject: Re: Update GCC in Cygwin?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Chuck Chopp wrote:
What I noticed, though, is that the GCC version that's included with
Cygwin is older than what will be used on Linux & OS X, so I was
interested in whether or not there's problems with taking an updated
distro kit for GCC on a Linux x86 platform and installing it within
Is this something that should be do-able w/o problems? Or, do I need a
GCC build that's made explicitly for use in Cygwin?
Queue that long, hard chug...
If you can't use a real OS, at least use Cygwin to fake one!