This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call
- From: mwoehlke <mwoehlke at tibco dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:57:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call
- References: <CEFD7032-DD32-4F1E-8D2F-C706BE73F470@andrew.cmu.edu> <44EF5431.email@example.com> <C33FC55B-5CDC-4FB3-942E-43F7DB5819AC@andrew.cmu.edu> <44F33FDF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
Can't your list server just strip the html version if you dislike html
I'm not sure silently stripping the HTML part is the right idea. The
point is to stop people that don't know what they're doing (and thus
don't understand why HTML is EVIL EVIL EVIL) from continuing to send the
stuff in ignorance; i.e. to force people to fix - or at least understand
- their mailer.
Clarification: someone e-mailed me privately
(http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE, btw) and pointed out that I meant
"HTML *mail*" in the above sentence.
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. --Badtech