This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:00:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call
- References: <CEFD7032-DD32-4F1E-8D2F-C706BE73F470@andrew.cmu.edu> <44EF5431.firstname.lastname@example.org> <C33FC55B-5CDC-4FB3-942E-43F7DB5819AC@andrew.cmu.edu> <44F33FDF.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:57:25PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
>>Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
>>>Can't your list server just strip the html version if you dislike html
>>I'm not sure silently stripping the HTML part is the right idea. The
>>point is to stop people that don't know what they're doing (and thus
>>don't understand why HTML is EVIL EVIL EVIL) from continuing to send the
>>stuff in ignorance; i.e. to force people to fix - or at least understand
>>- their mailer.
>Clarification: someone e-mailed me privately
>(http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE, btw) and pointed out that I meant
>"HTML *mail*" in the above sentence.
Ahhhh... I'm glad you clarified. I was just busily changing the whole
Cygwin/Sourceware web site to raw text.