This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call
- From: mwoehlke <mwoehlke at tibco dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:09:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygserver blocking on semctl(SETVAL) call
- References: <CEFD7032-DD32-4F1E-8D2F-C706BE73F470@andrew.cmu.edu> <44EF5431.email@example.com> <C33FC55B-5CDC-4FB3-942E-43F7DB5819AC@andrew.cmu.edu> <44F33FDF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20060828200041.GA19105@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:57:25PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
Ethan Tira-Thompson wrote:
Can't your list server just strip the html version if you dislike html
I'm not sure silently stripping the HTML part is the right idea. The
point is to stop people that don't know what they're doing (and thus
don't understand why HTML is EVIL EVIL EVIL) from continuing to send the
stuff in ignorance; i.e. to force people to fix - or at least understand
- their mailer.
Clarification: someone e-mailed me privately
(http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PPIOSPE, btw) and pointed out that I meant
"HTML *mail*" in the above sentence.
Ahhhh... I'm glad you clarified. I was just busily changing the whole
Cygwin/Sourceware web site to raw text.
Wow, I'm glad I MADE that mistake! It was worth it to read that. :-D
Excuse me while I look for something to soothe my aching diaphragm ;-).
Dr. Hippo! Dr. Hippo! Do you have anything for sore diaphragms?
We are Microsoft. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. --Badtech