This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.0.122-1
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "Thread TITTTL'd!" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:01:00 +0100
- Subject: RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.0.122-1
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 12 October 2006 15:52, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Oct 12 16:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Oct 12 15:36, John Morrison wrote:
>>> On Thu, October 12, 2006 2:41 pm, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>>> I wrote the script originally, and the initial version did use POSIX
>>> I thought you did and was suprised to find it not using POSIX paths but
>>> assumed that there was a reason...
>>>> I've just re-read the early discussions, and found this:
>>> and there it is.
>> So it looks like using mixed paths (cygpath -m) would be an easy way
>> out of this for now.
> Naah, scratch that. Creating a mount point for $SYSTEMROOT seems the
> better solution.
Imagine the fun if someone decided to try and uninstall cygwin by running
"rm -rf /" :)
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....