This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: cygwin out of sync with version?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "Thread TITTTL'd!" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:54:58 +0100
- Subject: RE: cygwin out of sync with version?
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 25 October 2006 17:44, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Joey Officer wrote:
>> for i in $( ls *.gz ); do
> This needlessly forks a subshell process and a /bin/ls process for no
> apparent reason. For better performance and readability just let the
> shell do the globbing:
> for i in *.gz; do
Or you could have just directed him to
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....