This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: FW: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'that's all well and good, but would /you/ pull it out?'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:24:03 +0100
- Subject: RE: FW: igncr vs text mode mounts, performance vs compatibility
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 26 October 2006 14:46, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 02:43:24PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 25 October 2006 20:48, Lewis Hyatt wrote:
>>>> Propose a patch, and I will consider it.
>>> Below is a patch to shell.c which implements my suggestion
>> I think this deserves a gold star, or possibly several!
> I'd like to see how it progresses first.
Well, my commendation (little though it counts for indeed) is based on the
sheer display of willingness, i.e. not being all talk and no action, which,
considering the vast amount of opinions offered without the slightest hint of
actual attempt at the slightest little effort of any kind whatsoever, shines
out like a pearl in a cess pit... and is therefore orthogonal to whether the
proposed patch actually comes to anything or not in practice.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....