Re: How do I roll back to make 3.80 ?

On Wed, Nov 01, 20.06 at 06:58:29AM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>According to Bill Hoffman on 11/1/2006 6:54 AM:
>> So, make 3.8.2 should have the patch.
>
>Please, cgf, whatever you do, DON'T revert all the way back to make
>3.8.x - - that is just way too old for my liking :) Or more generally,
>why do people have the habit of mistyping version numbers when
>composing emails?  (although I'm probably guilty of that myself, at
>times)

Adding or deleting dots seems to be time-honored version-reporting
tradition in the cygwin lists.  There is also the use
some-random-number-that-I-noticed-on-my-screen method which seems to be
equally popular.

Btw, just to add to the POSIX fun, Corinna is thinking about making the
output of readlink() always report a POSIX path.  Get ready for the
shrieks of indignation now.  You heard it here first.

cgf