This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Whence the spam/virus filter?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'spam spam spam virus eggs and spam'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:50:44 -0000
- Subject: RE: Whence the spam/virus filter?
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 03 November 2006 15:36, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> There have been no fewer than *seven* (no, wait... nine? ten?)
> virus-laden messages slip on the list in the past 24 hours. Am I
> mis-remembering that we have spam (and /virus/) filters, or are they
> letting things through?
> I guess mostly I'm checking that someone is working on it, as the rate
> of arrival is starting to get ridiculous.
I dropped a note to overseers but I imagine it's the us-uk time zone
difference that's meant nobody's seen to it yet.
Well, that plus wanting to be very very careful when adjusting the spam
filters on a machine as busy as sourceware.org!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....