This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: Microsoft acquired SysInternals?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'sucks to be microsfot'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:22:01 -0000
- Subject: RE: Microsoft acquired SysInternals?
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 08 November 2006 14:12, Igor Peshansky wrote:
> Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later...
The acquisition was some time ago as it happens; it was fairly widely
discussed at the time.
> The surprising thing is
> that they only started redirecting to the Microsoft site yesterday (the
> day before I showed one of my colleagues how to download Process Explorer,
> and it was still the old SysInternals.com site).
And guess what! The scumbags have withdrawn all of sysinternals' source
codes, using the bogus 'explanation' that it might cause "integration problems
[...] with other Windows components". MS is acting like the worst cliched
stereotype of itself. <spit>
Never forget, however, that your use of the tools remains governed by the
original sysinternals license, which contained no provisions for transfer or
assignment[*], and not any new "improved" MS licensing terms...
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....