This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: readline-5.2-3, libreadline6-5.2-3
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: Oh how pretty <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 07:11:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: readline-5.2-3, libreadline6-5.2-3
- References: <announce.455480AE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Eric Blake on 11/10/2006 6:37 AM:
> This is a new stable upstream release. Most importantly, it FINALLY fixes
> the display bugs in single-line prompts that use invisible characters for
> terminal escape sequences! This has been reported to the cygwin lists no
> less than 12 times over the last year and a half, and I validated that
> every reported test case works correctly with this new release.
And may I just say how colorful that testing was. Who comes up with some
of those prompts? Not to mention some of them looked just hideous on my
default terminal background color.
But no one had a prompt HALF as cool as this:
PS1='\[\e[1m\e[42m\e[37m\]@_______. . \[\e[0m\]\n'\
'\[\e[1m\e[42m\e[37m\]( /"\\ \[\e[0m\]\n'\
'\[\e[1m\e[42m\e[37m\] '\''" '\''"'\''---'\''\[\e[0m\]'\
' \[\e[1m\e[31m\]\$\[\e[0m\] '
[My thanks to http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/ghi/hippo.txt].
Life is short - so eat dessert first!
Eric Blake email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----