This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: A cygwin newsgroup?
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'cgf should know better than to let anything on usenet raise his blood pressure!'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:09:58 -0000
- Subject: RE: A cygwin newsgroup?
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 14 November 2006 14:55, George wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 07:03:39AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Maybe I knew that there was a cygwin newsgroup at some point in the
>> distant past but its existence came as a surprise to me this morning
>> It seems rather rude that this would be created without discussion in
>> the official cygwin forum but I guess that's par for the course. Few
>> people who use cygwin seem to have a clue.
I don't think anyone needs to check in here for permission to discuss cygwin
in a forum of their own devising. Consider it a fork!
> Could be worse.
> Or maybe not.
Oh, it's the alt.* heirarchy. The founding principle of alt.* is "Anyone
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....