Re: Excessive thrashing when popen()ing after a large malloc()

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 08:40:48PM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>According to Christopher Faylor on 11/15/2006 9:51 AM:
>>Fully implementing posix_spawn is quite a bit of work although I did
>>tell Linus Torvalds that I'd look into implementing it in Cygwin
>>eventually (it would make git-on-cygwin faster).
>
>Wow - Linus actually cares about what happens on cygwin?

I think just barely - as it relates to git.  He has always been quite
courteous when there are cygwin/git issues, unlike one other member of
the git mailing list who was first telling everyone that cygwin was
unsupported (he got some kind of error from setup.exe, iirc) and then
responding to many messages about cygwin issues with IMO, offtopic,
personal expressions of distaste of cygwin and windows.

Unfortunately, this person didn't have the time to show me how to do
things the right way.  More's the pity.

cgf