This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: FW: Problem with perl debugger and stdin
- From: Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:17:41 -0600
- Subject: Re: FW: Problem with perl debugger and stdin
- Original-to: Logic suggests...
- References: <001201c71973$c6c98ee0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Dave Korn wrote:
On 04 December 2006 17:14, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:25:24PM -0800, Andrew Certain wrote:
Please include this line when replying.
Is this some kind of behaviorist experiment? What's my prize?
HELLPPP!! I'm confused! When he wrote "please include this line", did he
mean the line of text that says "please include this line", or was he
referring to the line of dashes he used to separate off that line of text?
One would guess that if he meant the line of dashes, he would have
written "the above line" instead of "this line", and that "this line"
refers to itself. Unless "this line" refers to a one-dimensional shape
possessing start and end points, rather than a series of glyphs (i.e.
letters, etc) laid out 'in a line'. Some sort of indication seems to be
called for. :-)
As to */why/* that phrase was in his e-mail, maybe the hippos know.
Not to be used as a flotation device.