This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-4.3.2-2
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:36:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: findutils-4.3.2-2
- References: <email@example.com> <loom.20061206T164401firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Eric Blake on 12/6/2006 8:44 AM:
> Rodrigo Medina <rodmedina <at> cantv.net> writes:
>> There is the following extrange behavior when a new rxvt window is opened.
>> /bin/find: could not change to directory profile.d: No such file or
> Ugh. I neglected to test find -L. -3 coming up soon...
Serves me right for not running 'cygport findutils-4.3.2-2 check', since I
had already checked that my patch fixed 'find -P /absolute', and since I
already _knew_ it would fail (thanks to my administrator rights tickling
testsuite bugs on the -readable predicate). Had I run the testsuite, I
probably would have found out about my brokenness in 'find -L' and 'find
- -P relative'.
And to put more egg on my face, check out what I wrote as I submitted my
- -2 version hack upstream: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18466#comment1,
especially the "Hack - use at your own risk".
Feel free to send a hippo after me today - I certainly deserve it.
Life is short - so eat dessert first!
Eric Blake email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----