This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: A regrettable oversight
- From: "Ed C. Lueless" <ed dot c at lueless dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:27:16 -0500
- Subject: Re: A regrettable oversight
- References: <035101c72032$07894a00$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061215135533.GA3889@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20061215144842.GD3889@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:56:53AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:21:38AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>> >On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> >>On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 08:36:28AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>> >>>"We're Just Nasty"(tm).
>> >>Hey, I like it! That can be our new slogan for 2007.
>> >Yep, just in time for the Vista release... We'll need it, too.
>> Well, so far, it looks like Vista will imply a "CJN" since Corinna seems
>> insistent on punishing people who use Vista by making Cygwin hard to use
>> there despite Microsoft's laudable efforts in making sure that we are
>> all snug and secure.
>> It seems to me that if Cygwin doesn't want to wither up and blow away,
>> someone should be working hard on getting it to work correctly on Vista!
>> I am not a Vista programmer but I really don't understand what all of
>> the fuss is about. Microsoft has released many versions of Windows
>> since Windows 1.0 and they are constantly working on improving their OS.
>> If Cygwin can't adapt to Microsoft innovation then maybe we should all
>> either be moving to Linux or MinGW.
>> I hope this will be accepted in the spirit in which it was intended.
>Ed, Ed, Ed... Are you spoofing CGF's email address again? :-)
Actually, for once, I AGREE with CFG. All that you ever hear from cygwin
developers is how hard everything is on Windows, yadda, yada.
Mayb they should ask Microsoft for HELP instead of constantly TRASHING them.
I get sort of sick with aoll of the anti-Microsoft FDU in these boards.
Ed C. Lueless Computer Geru/Master Programmer
"You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty." -- Sacha Guitry
"Ed C. - you are the man!" -- my boss