This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Vista & coreutils (or any other package)
- From: "Ed C. Luless" <ed dot c at lueless dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:31:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: Vista & coreutils (or any other package)
- References: <20061214152631.GK9829@calimero.vinschen.de> <4582CB6A.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
See. This is what I mean.
The Microsoft bashing is getting out fo hand.
i get the Feeling that people don't really understand what Microsoft is
trying to acomplish. Vista is trying to be a SECURE OS.
On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:20:58AM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>According to Corinna Vinschen on 12/14/2006 8:26 AM:
>> just FYI, I'd like to point you to this thread on the Microsoft Windows
>> Vista developer forum:
>Oh. My. Well, as I maintain coreutils, and don't have access to Vista, I
>will have a very tough time testing any "workarounds" to this blatant bug.
> Deciding that a file is a "security risk" purely on its metadata is
>absolutely wrong - it is the contents that matter, and not the file name.
>Life is short - so eat dessert first!
>Eric Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
>Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
>Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Ed C. Lueless Computer Geru/Master Programmer
"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it." -- Franklin P. Jones
"Ed C. - you are the man!" -- my boss