This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Vista & coreutils (or any other package)
- From: One Angry User <angry at lusers dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com, The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:43:44 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Vista & coreutils (or any other package)
- References: <20061214152631.GK9829@calimero.vinschen.de> <4582CB6A.email@example.com> <20061215163104.GJ6259@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Blaaab Babble Boogle Bop <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On a sunny Friday, the 15th day of December, 2006, Ed C. Luless's computer deigned to emit the following stream of bytes:
> See. This is what I mean.
> The Microsoft bashing is getting out fo hand.
> i get the Feeling that people don't really understand what Microsoft is
> trying to acomplish. Vista is trying to be a SECURE OS.
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:20:58AM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
> >-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> >Hash: SHA1
> >According to Corinna Vinschen on 12/14/2006 8:26 AM:
> >> Hi,
> >> just FYI, I'd like to point you to this thread on the Microsoft Windows
> >> Vista developer forum:
> >> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1020271&SiteID=1&mode=1
> >Oh. My. Well, as I maintain coreutils, and don't have access to Vista, I
> >will have a very tough time testing any "workarounds" to this blatant bug.
> > Deciding that a file is a "security risk" purely on its metadata is
> >absolutely wrong - it is the contents that matter, and not the file name.
> >- --
> >Life is short - so eat dessert first!
> >Eric Blake firstname.lastname@example.org
> >-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> >Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
> >Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
> >Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
> >-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Ed C. Lueless Computer Geru/Master Programmer
> "The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it." -- Franklin P. Jones
> "Ed C. - you are the man!" -- my boss
Ed, nice job on the TOFU, but you forgot to include the raw email
address... You're slipping, man, simply slipping...